In addition to the preservation effect and unique flavors that fermentation brings to foods, it has only been recently that scientific investigations have confirmed what many cultures have always known – fermented foods provide numerous nutritional and health benefits including:
- Pre-digestion of complex foods
- Increased levels of certain vitamins
- Improvement of mineral bioacessibility
- Increased bioavailability of antioxidants
- Elimination of anti-nutrients like phytic acid and lectins
- Increased bioavailability of lysine in grains
- Creation of unique metabolites not present in the raw material
- Alkalizing effect on the body’s pH
Our FermaPro® line of fermented ingredients are created with traditional whole food fermentation processes. To ensure the highest quality, we developed a controlled process that interrupts the fermentation at its optimal point to stabilize it prior to drying. Once dried, we can add targeted probiotics to ensure maximum delivery of the serving-specific probiotic benefits.
We can ferment any dry material such as grains, grasses, seeds, botanicals, vegetables and fruits, using a variety of health-promoting bacterial or yeast cultures.