Humans have fermented foods for thousands of years, whether their goal was preserving foods or making them more digestible, nutritious, or flavorful. Recently, science has confirmed what many cultures have always known: that fermented foods provide numerous nutritional and health benefits, including:
- Pre-digestion of complex foods
- Increased levels of certain vitamins
- Improvement of mineral bioaccessibility
- Increased bioavailability of antioxidants
- Elimination of anti-nutrients like phytic acid and lectins
- Increased bioavailability of lysine in grains
- Creation of unique metabolites not present in the raw material
- Alkalizing effect on the body’s pH
RFI’s FermaPro® line of fermented ingredients is created via traditional whole food fermentation processes. This means we minimally change the food, therefore retaining the highest possible nutrition. To ensure the highest quality, we developed a controlled process that interrupts the fermentation at its optimal point for stabilization. Once dried, we can add targeted probiotics to ensure maximum delivery.
We can ferment any dry material such as grains, grasses, seeds, botanicals, vegetables, and fruits, using a variety of health-promoting bacterial or yeast cultures.