Free from extensive processing and synthetic additives, whole and clean-label foods contain more life-sustaining nutrients:
- dietary fiber
As result, the whole-food category remains one of the fastest-growing segments in the natural product industry.
Factors Driving the Whole-Foods, Clean-Label Movement
- According to the NPD Group, a market research company: Americans eat 70% of the RDI of grains, proteins, fruits and vegetables . . . but only 2% of the time.
- In 2012, the Center for Disease Control performed a comprehensive biochemical assessment of the nutrition status in the US only to confirm that Americans still have significant nutritional deficiencies because people are just not eating well.s
Most Americans, even those who eat better than the Standard American Diet (SAD), do not get enough essential nutrients from food, and suffer low quality of life as result.
Food experts such as Michael Pollan (The Omnivore’s Dilemma) and physicians such as Dr. Mark Hyman and Dr. David Perlmutter (just to name a few) are telling us that whole foods are best for health and the environment.
Baby boomers already taking prescription medications and other supplements do not want to take more pills. Real, whole foods inherently support health and reduce the need for expensive multivitamins and other pill-form nutrients.
Whether real or perceived, multivitamins have gotten a bad rap in the media, so consumers want to get their vitamins and minerals from whole foods.
Whole food powders (in juices, smoothies, bars) provide essential nutrients for busy, on-the-go lifestyles.
All-in-one nutrition with multiple or single ingredients, packaged as “simplified whole-food nutrition.”
Plant-based proteins and functional foods promote lifelong health and help reduce climate change impacts on food production.
It’s no secret that whole foods are healthier! Consumers are now demanding real nutrition that is easy to prepare or consume on-the-go—and tastes good.
RFI is Your Whole-Food Nutrition Supplier
We guarantee that the utmost care has been taken in all phases of production, from cultivation and harvesting on through to manufacturing, potency testing and packaging.
- Vertical networks guarantee traceability and sustainability
- Guarantee ingredient is as close as possible to its form found in nature
- Ingredients are processed in a way to safeguard their nutritional value
Have an Idea for a Product?
We will help you bring it to market! Blueprints for Health® is our quick-to-market solution for custom products and turnkey solutions. Our diverse range of services will streamline the entire development, manufacturing and marketing process, saving you money, time and a whole lot of hassle.