We crave the taste and aroma of chocolate and love the physical and mental boost it provides. We also love the recent scientific and media attention regarding chocolate’s health benefits. While there is so much to love about chocolate, we hate the sugar, fat, dairy and guilt that comes with eating it!
Isolate the Health Benefits of Chocolate
Chocamine® is a patented cocoa-based ingredient that delivers the best of chocolate—its taste, aroma and health benefits—without the guilt, sugar, fat and dairy.
The health benefits of chocolate come from a variety of constituents, all of which are retained in Chocamine®:
- theobromine (standardized)
- amino acids
- nutritious minerals
- biogenic amines
In addition to chocolate, we also have a love/hate relationship with caffeine. We love the instant energy and cognitive boost, but hate the jitters, stomachaches, sleep problems and dependency issues that come with it. The energy from theobromine differs from caffeine.
Theobromine, the energizing compound found naturally in cocoa, offers a nourishing energy boost that is more sustained than the crash-and-burn energy from caffeine. Both caffeine and theobromine are xanthine alkaloids, but the similarities end there.
- Theobromine has a milder stimulant effect, resulting in jitter-free energy.
- Theobromine has a longer half-life in the body, thereby providing longer-lasting. energy
- Theobromine has been shown to have less of an effect on sleep than caffeine.
- Theobromine is less addictive than caffeine, due to differences in adenosine receptor activity.
Chocamine® — More Than Just Energy!
The following benefits are supported by general research and conventional wisdom:
- Energy, endurance & stamina
- Mental acuity & concentration
- Mood & outlook
- Cravings & satisfaction
- Healthy circulation
Chocamine® Clinical Studies
Results of Clinical Studies with Chocamine® for Improved Focus, Concentration and Short-Term Memory
Preliminary clinical study – 2005
Participants: 3 healthy adults
Assessment Tool: Audio-Visual Multi-processing Test (AVMT)
Dosage: 1000 mg Chocamine®
Results: The data from the AVMT studies show that consuming Chocamine® resulted in improved ability to react quickly to alternating auditory and visual commands and improved ability to ignore interfering auditory commands while remaining focused on a visual task.
Chocamine Studies Chart
Clinical study – 2009
Participants: 40 healthy volunteers
Assessment Tool: IMPACT™ Cognitive Assessment − a prominent neurocognitive research tool used by scientists in the field of neuropsychology, particularly to measure the impact of odor, flavor and the stimulation of other chemical senses.
Dosage: 1000 mg Chocamine®
- Significant improvement in test assessing short-term memory and visual-motor response speed
- Up to 39% improvement after Chocamine® consumption
- Up to 49% improvement after Chocamine® Plus consumption (with added caffeine)
- Positive trends in tests assessing reaction time and impulse control/response inhibition
Versatile Product Development Capabilities
Chocamine® was formulated for use in a variety of applications—from beverages, bars and confections to dietary supplements and powdered drinks. The primary markets for Chocamine® include:
- Energy & Endurance
- Sports Nutrition
- Cognitive Formulas
- Wellness & Anti-Aging
- Weight Management
- Heart Health
For more information about Chocamine®, download this brochure.